Friday, May 6th - Strawberry Festival Parade
8:30 - Roll Call @ PHS
Friday, May 6th - Band Banquet
6:00 - Begins
Tuesday, May 17th - Honors Program Performance - Jazz Band
Wednesday, May 18th - Baccalaureate Service Performance
Friday, May 20th - Graduation Performance
Guard Tryouts 2016
for information on the Color Guard Tryouts!
Monday, May 9th through Friday, May 13th, 3:15 - 5:00 pm
2016 Fall Dates of Interest, Handbook, and Registration
Registration for the 2016-2017 year, an updated handbook, and dates of interest are available above!
Band Camp Dates 2016
July 25, 28, 29 (Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Honor Bands 15-16 and Concert Festival
|All-State Honors Band: April 13-16, 2016
|Congratulations to Peabody Band of Gold members Carl Nowell and Emily Campbell, who traveled to Nashville for the Tennessee All-State Honor Band on Wednesday, April 13th, and performed on Saturday, April 16th, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
||The Band of Gold received the Tennessee Bandmasters Association Sweepstakes Award at the Tennessee Music Education Association Professional Development Conference on Friday, April 15th. The band earned superior ratings in marching and concert festivals during the 2014-2015 school year to be eligible.
|Concert Festival: Friday, March 18, 2016
|The Peabody Band of Gold traveled to Liberty Tech High School, in Jackson, for the 2016 WTSBOA Concert Festival. They received straight Superior ratings in both prepared and sight-reading.
This marks the 5th consecutive year in which the band has received straight superior ratings. Receiving those ratings makes the band eligible for the Tennessee Bandmasters Association Sweepstakes Award, at the Tennessee Music Educators Association Conference, in 2016-17.
|All West-Tennessee Honor Band held in Memphis, February 11-13, 2016.
- Emily Campbell - 3rd Chair 11-12 Blue Band,
- Carl Nowell - 6th Chair 11-12 Blue Band.
- Claire Rollins - 6th Chair 9-10 Blue Band,
- Chloe Cates - 23rd Chair 9-10 Red Band,
- Emily Campbell and Carl Nowell also placed into the 11-12 All-State Band, which will be held in Nashville, from April 13-16, 2016, at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center.
- Emily Campbell was presented with the Frederic Lubrani Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for being the highest ranked senior clarinet player in the bands.
Claire, Chloe, Emily, and Carl
Emily and Mr. Westbrook
Remind - Text Message Alerts